I know it's not quite spring yet but...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by peewee, Jan 30, 2011.

1. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    someone gave me three dozen bob eggs today so I guess I'm starting my hatching a little earlier than I thought. [​IMG] Wish me luck. This is the first batch of bobs that I have tried. They are in the 'bator cooking now.
    Quaillady you will be hearing from me sooner than expected about those eggs I was wanting. [​IMG]

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Get R Dun!
    About Time You Joined The Party

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Good Luck on your hatch. But mostly good luck after with those BW. Your braver than I am.

I think it is Spring here in the South, I have eggs coming out of my ears. Anybody walks by I try to shove eggs at them.
    I am so afraid, the neighbor will say no no more, I'm sick of eggs.

4. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Good luck with the Bobs...I have 2 pips in bob eggs now, due to hatch in the morning. Got a brooder ready and waiting. Bad thing is, there calling for 8" to 12" of snow on top of ice. I'm in charge of the local street crew and I'll most likely be plow'in while my quail hatch... [​IMG] Bill

5. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Good Luck, Bill

6. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    If someone gave 3 dozen bob eggs...Spring would start early here too!

Good luck peewee!

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:That is a friend indeed!!!!

8. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Thank you. I am hoping everything goes OK. Kinda nervous about my first batch of bobs. I had a trio of bobs a couple of years ago and they were the meanest things but man they were beautiful. I had that trio in an 8ft x 8ft x 6ft pen with one of my juvenile golden pheasants. They had that boy well trained. He did not come down to eat when I went to feed. The bobs had to eat first and if the golden tried to sneak up and eat with them they went to town on him. I just figured that the golden was being a brat and that they were just putting him in his place but they started to blood my pheasant and they had to go after that. I just didn't have the time or money at the time to build them their own pen. So I am hoping that I can get at least a trio that is relatively calm and I already have plans in mind for their own house. Maybe this time around everything will work out well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by