I know probably a stupid question but....

MommaHen86

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Michigan
Do you let your chickens free range when its raining or even possibly thundering? Its been like this all day and I HATE to keep them penned up all day.They are about 3 1/2 months now and have been free ranging for awhile now. I can hear my neighbors rooster still crowing so im guessing that they are still outside but I dont know? Im new to this.lol.

Quote:
My girls range in age from 4 yrs to 1 yr to 7 week old chicks. They ALL stand out in the pouring down rain.
th.gif
They don't get wet all the way through to their skin, so I wouldn't worry about it.

HTH,
Jen

we do... but they have a lot of shelter they can run under.... we also believe in natural selection over here, any chicken stupid enough to stay out till they get chilled should not be breeding next season...

well right now they are under the porch. which is completly covered obviously and they love it under there because they can dustbathe and scratch around for stuff. So even if its lighting and thundering they are okay then?

lol wet polish and silkies are the funniest thing you will ever see the silkies just look like drown rats and you can see the skin on the polishes heads i free range at all time my ducks look like vaccume cleaners sucking up worms till they cant walk in the rain

Back
Top Bottom