I know she's a bantam but....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken_Lover4567, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    What breed is she exactly?

[​IMG]
    This is our little bantam hen, Ruby. My neighbors had her in a cage by herself for a while after her friends were eaten by raccoons. [​IMG] She's about 15 years old, and he wasn't sure what breed she was. He gave her to us so he could travel, and I'm extremely curious about what she is. [​IMG]

She has feather feet. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Bantam Buff Brahma..

Chris

3. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    She is very pretty, does she still lay any eggs

4. Chicken_Lover4567

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Quote:Thanks! And no, she stopped laying eggs a long time ago, but we still keep her as a pet. [​IMG]

5. Rachel's Hobby Hatchery

Rachel's Hobby Hatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    North West Michagan
    Quote:Thanks! And no, she stopped laying eggs a long time ago, but we still keep her as a pet. [​IMG]

WOW, she dosnt look her age at all, does she act it at all? I have a silki Roo that is prety old (dont know exactly how old) and he has a hard time walking due to bad joints in his legs (his feet were tied together with string when I got him, he could bairly walk, let alone run & the string was there since he was little because it was dug DEEP in his feet). He looks old too. somehow he still manages to fertrlize eggs in warm wether & teach "bad chickens" a lesson or two. lol:rolleyes:

6. Chicken_Lover4567

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Yeah she walks pretty slow most of the time and has some issues with her old feet...I know it's surprising but she really is that old! Crazy stuff lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by