I know shes a Buff Laced Polish.. but smoethings strange..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken Frenzie, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Her ear lobes aren't white!! Their NEON PURPLE/BLUE! The pictures aren't that good... sorry but trust me.. their not white!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm wondering.. if their just like that.. or maybe she is cold? But she can't be... its warm right now!

2. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

It could just be in her genes. Just like some birds can be born with the wrong number of toes or wrong comb, birds can be born with a wrong earlobe color.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like white to me. When a bird with a white or even slightly pink earlobe is young, it will have a blue/purple cast to it. As the boy matures, it should fade. Otherwise, it's normally considered a fault if the pink stays there. The blue is fine though.

4. devin0

devin0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Fogo Island, NL
    It doesn't exactly look like a buff-laced polish, just buff...

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks Buff Laced to me and I own 8 of them

6. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:You can see the lacing in some of the crest feathers, and they obviously will have the darker buff hackles since he is a cockerel.

7. devin0

Jun 19, 2010
    Fogo Island, NL
    Is there such thing as White laced buff then?

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:That's what Buff Laced is. People just called it Buff Laced because it is buff and laced. You actually cannot get a bird with buff lacing.

9. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:That's what Buff Laced is. People just called it Buff Laced because it is buff and laced. You actually cannot get a bird with buff lacing.

Not true, really. there are varieties in the UK and Europe that have a darker color and have buff lacing. I saw some pictures a while back and thought they were so cool. But, alas, they have all the really cool and different stuff over on their side of the pond.

But to answer the question is there white laced, NO. There are some that have whitish penciling in their feathers, but they call it silver. You would have white or you have black. The next closest thing would be mottled color. Look at Mottled Jave and Mottled Cochin to see what I mean.

I hope this answers your question devin0.

10. devin0

Jun 19, 2010
    Fogo Island, NL
    Well mine are a biege/white color with buff lacing. So is it the same as White laced buff?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by