I know shes a Buff Laced Polish.. but smoethings strange..

Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Whisperer
12 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Her ear lobes aren't white!! Their NEON PURPLE/BLUE! The pictures aren't that good... sorry but trust me.. their not white!

71035_img_1952.jpg

71035_img_1951.jpg

I'm wondering.. if their just like that.. or maybe she is cold? But she can't be... its warm right now!

Looks like white to me. When a bird with a white or even slightly pink earlobe is young, it will have a blue/purple cast to it. As the boy matures, it should fade. Otherwise, it's normally considered a fault if the pink stays there. The blue is fine though.

Quote:
That's what Buff Laced is. People just called it Buff Laced because it is buff and laced. You actually cannot get a bird with buff lacing.

Quote:
That's what Buff Laced is. People just called it Buff Laced because it is buff and laced. You actually cannot get a bird with buff lacing.

Not true, really. there are varieties in the UK and Europe that have a darker color and have buff lacing. I saw some pictures a while back and thought they were so cool. But, alas, they have all the really cool and different stuff over on their side of the pond.

But to answer the question is there white laced, NO. There are some that have whitish penciling in their feathers, but they call it silver. You would have white or you have black. The next closest thing would be mottled color. Look at Mottled Jave and Mottled Cochin to see what I mean.

I hope this answers your question devin0.

Back
Top Bottom