I know someone here can identify these chicks!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Remudamom, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I have great confidence in the chicken people here. What are these little cuties? Did I get a roo and a hen? 8) All I know about them is that they are banties.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. Hoosierchickens

Hoosierchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Cloverdale, IN
    Hmm....they look sorta like blue cochins but they are clean legged. Maybe Blue Dutch or easter eggers?

3. Lapaysannefarm

Lapaysannefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Virginia
    The one on the right almost looks like a silkie, perhaps a mix?? If they were purebreed they would have dark skin and feathers on their feet.

4. Remudamom

I'm pretty confident they are not silkies. I have a flock of silkies. I didn't raise these, bought them at a pet store. They were in a bin of assorted banties.

5. Lapaysannefarm

Lapaysannefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm not sure then, cochin????

6. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    they would also have five toes, which these guys do not. If they were cochin, they would show some leg feathering. Honestly, they are a bit too young yet to give you a good guess I think...post some more pics in a few weeks :)

7. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Where did you get them? The one on the left looks like it could be a d'Anver or an Easter Egger bantam (muff, clean legs), the one on the right looks like an Old English Game Bantam.

8. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got about a hundred guesses popping into my mind right now, but it's so hard to tell when they're so little. x) Lovely blue color though! :)

9. Hoosierchickens

Hoosierchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Cloverdale, IN
    Yes, maybe a dun bearded d'Anver.

10. Remudamom

I got these at a pet store, and they had tons of these little guys. I do know they are the same breed, there were too many of them all the same for them to be mutts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by