I know the breed...an EE from Sonew ~ Gender?

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
I keep thinking girl, boy, girl, boy...what has me worried of course is the tail..but then, there's that no comb..and barely pink. Here are some pictures to look at, while I go find the date he/she, prefer..she/he..was hatched.
tongue.png

Three months old~

Last edited:
Beautiful chicken!!! I am not 100% sure but it's tail is making me think roo but the no comb is making me think hen....hmmmm. Manly girl or girly man?? But I am leaning towards roo because of the way its tail and tail feathers are

Looks like a hen to me. I can only hope one of my babies is that pretty when they grow up
Not much comb, no saddle feathers, hackle feathers shorter and blunt not long and skinny

Serious?
ya.gif
Just had to do that here, because I sure as heck can't do it here in this room for real..my body says no way at this age, but oh, there are times when I wish I could.
Thank you for replying..anyone else that wants to tell me it looks like a girl...go for it!
smile.png
Or even if you think otherwise, I just can't get over the no comb idea..and those hackle feathers had me wondering, but if you think they look blunt..that's a good thing.

At three months that is a pullet.

Just as a curiosity, has anyone had/seen a pure black ee rooster? I can't think of seeing one right off, I'd think they'd have some leakage, either red on the wings or silver like the birchen. Thx.

At three months that is a pullet.

Just as a curiosity, has anyone had/seen a pure black ee rooster? I can't think of seeing one right off, I'd think they'd have some leakage, either red on the wings or silver like the birchen. Thx.

Ahh, good thought..may have to go to the EE thread, if there is one..thanks! Anyone? You know what? I have wondered at times if this could be an Ameraucana..she sent some of both. I was pretty sure that the egg had EE on it, but with so many not hatching, I may have been too worried to notice. She has the slate legs. Not a bit of green in them. I know there are other factors..I may just have to go to the Ameraucana thread as well, see what they think...tomorrow. :))
Oh, I do have a picture of the legs...

Last edited:
Looks like a girl to me -- no spurs or anything :)

In answer to the question about a black roo -- I had a pure black Aracauna roo with blue legs. He was huge, gorgeous, and mean. And tasty at six months... We spent a couple months trying to rehab him to be friendly after his hormones kicked in and he started attacking us all the time, but with a toddler running around and the roo's 3 three inch spurs and him refusing to behave, the pot it finally was.

Ahh, good thought..may have to go to the EE thread, if there is one..thanks! Anyone? You know what? I have wondered at times if this could be an Ameraucana..she sent some of both. I was pretty sure that the egg had EE on it, but with so many not hatching, I may have been too worried to notice. She has the slate legs. Not a bit of green in them. I know there are other factors..I may just have to go to the Ameraucana thread as well, see what they think...tomorrow. :))
Oh, I do have a picture of the legs...

Very beautiful girl! I seen that picture and I am just thinking how the heck is she doing that! Thinking your arm was a perch...and then I realized you were holding her lol

Very beautiful girl! I seen that picture and I am just thinking how the heck is she doing that! Thinking your arm was a perch...and then I realized you were holding her lol

LOL, I know, my arm is as white as that background small door! Ok, another vote for girl! I am thinking I'm pretty happy I asked, I was ready to say goodbye..can't have roosters here! She is very pretty, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom