I Know these Birds Aren't Chickens But It Isn't Getting Answered

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DrinkTheRainbow, Feb 18, 2011.

1. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Someone moved the eggs of our black swede hen and if the eggs don't get too cold can we somehow make her sit on them again?

2. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

You could try putting her in a dog kennel or small enclosure with the nest of eggs. She may or not choose to set on them, but at least you will have tried. Be sure to have water and food available for her!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    23 minutes is not a typical response time to expect on a forum this large. It usually takes a while for someone who knows the subject to come along.

I don't know that you can force her to go broody again or not, all you can do is try.

4. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Thank you! I was really worried because she tried earlier but her poor eggs were frozen. I hope she'll take them back! If she doesn't do you think my silkie will take them? I don't think she's ever bred before either so yea lol [​IMG]

5. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, you actuallly need a hen that IS broody. If the silkie is broody perhaps. Have you tried the dog kennel or small lock up? Otherwise, incubate them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by