I KNOW they worked hard...buti

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wbruder17, Feb 1, 2012.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I don't know if its because I use my phone as my computer or what! But BYC is no longer very enjoyable for me because of its new format or whatever.... its been very frustrating. I've tried to give it a chance, but the whole experience gets me upset now. The pages scroll on their own and I can't get them to stop where I want to read, I can't upload pictures where I want them, I can't locate the list of funny icons anymore, and every thread and post takes forever to load. I never had these iissues, using the same phone, with the old site.

I miss the old format and everything I was able to do on there. Now I'm just frustrated and unhappy. I don't spend HALF the amount of time on here that I used to and I miss it. Sorry for complaining.... but I want the old byc back!

2. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I actually gave up using BYC on my phone except to read posts. I have to wait until I get home and use the actual computer, where everything seems to work fine, except for posting pictures. I can never link them from Photobucket. Only direct upload :(

There must be a big benefit, on the server-side, because I don't really see one on the user-side. :(

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Works on the computer just fine :/

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I like being able to post pics directly from my computer. Before I had to upload to my byc files and THEN post. The format is the same as another forum I use, so I got used to this change over way quicker. The other forum had a major drop in use after conversion too.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm not on here nearly as much either as I used my phone for most of my BYC browsing. The new format was so slow on my phone that it wasn't worth bothering with. I did download tapatalk and that does make browsing faster, but I don't care for it much. I pretty much only get on here when I am sitting at my home computer and have extra time... so not much at all. I go to backyardherds much more now but I'm not looking forward to when they make the change over there. Ah well, life moves on!

ETA: When I am able to log on from my home computer, I really like the new format. I just don't like trying to browse it on my phone and that's what I used to use for 90% of my BYC time.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  6. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Unfortunately, EVERYTHING I do is on my phone. My pictures are on here as well. Such a bummer for me, I guess. Perhaps when I upgrade my phone again it will work.... but that won't be for a while. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by