I know this is a guinea forum...but...

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by JLeigh, Feb 28, 2013.

1. JLeigh

JLeigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    North Georgia
    I just wanted to share these pictures of Brabanter chicks. I promise I wont post more pictures of them but...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Looks like they are sportin' bad Mohawks and scruffy beards, lol. I need to look this breed up, see what the adults look like.

4. JLeigh

Apr 19, 2012
    North Georgia
    They're unique. Their defining characteristics are their beards and their "mohawks" along with spangled feathers. I think they're beautiful. These are Cream Brabanters, by the way - for when you look them up.

5. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

look kinda neat....I'll look them up too...
    I have Cochins, Sultans, Brahmas,Wyandottes and Polish Chickens among others
    I like different! [​IMG]

6. JLeigh

Apr 19, 2012
    North Georgia
    Me too, critters. These are rare chickens, so far, but getting more notice. I think people either think they're beautiful or ugly [​IMG]...

7. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    I think they are beautiful, even with the silly hair-doo and scruffy beard, lol. Love the spangles feathers. I like birds that are different and stand out. Glad you chose to work with a rare breed, that in itself is just awesome [​IMG]

8. JLeigh

Apr 19, 2012
    North Georgia
    Thanks, Peeps. I'm going to hatch some, but I'm not going to set myself up as a seller. I'll keep a small flock of them and work toward breeding them up to standard, which is becoming more clear in the U.S. It will be an interesting project/hobby - long term of course. I'll keep the ones who get closer to standard, and find happy homes for the rest.. shouldn't be hard. (Famous last words :)!)..and probably sell eggs from the "keepers". I'm stoked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by