I know this is a mutt... but what in the world?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by glenda in ms, Feb 24, 2011.

1. glenda in ms

glenda in ms Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    Purvis, MS
    [​IMG]

and I think this Dominique mutt is the ugliest chicken I have ever seen. All were hatched on Thanksgiving day!
    [​IMG]

2. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

everyone has a different opinion -- personally I really like the patchwork / calico feathering on this chook; I think she is lovely (am assuming this is a pullet)

3. glenda in ms

Nov 19, 2010
    Purvis, MS
    Oh, I think the small gold/brown one is a cutie....just don't have a clue what it is! It is the black and white one in the background that is so ugly. My neighbor laughed so hard when he saw poor black and white roo!

4. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

black and white one reminds me of the way white patching shows up in cats === has been described as what would happen if the cat jumped into a puddle (or pail) of milk === on feet, chest, and splashed up partly on the back and/or face

I dunno, I am in love with EEs -- so I appreciate the "different" chickens -- and to my eyes, that roo is quite good looking; would be interesting to see what his offspring might look like

5. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    I like her!

6. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Looks like to me you have a rare Spangled Bangled Copper Red Black egg laying chicken fer shure. [​IMG] And you also have an outstanding specimen of a Dalmation Sport Martinique. I am soooooo jealous!! [​IMG]

7. GeneJordan

GeneJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Arnaudville, La
    When it all boils down too it... we are all mutts

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Ditto!

And Baymule, kudos for the spot-on breed identification!
    [​IMG]

9. glenda in ms

Nov 19, 2010
    Purvis, MS
    Y'all are too funny! Baymule, I am calling my neighbor o tell him about that Martinique- he will be so jealous!

10. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    [​IMG] Baymule-LOVE your breed descriptions especially after the PERPETUAL EE/mutt/mongrel debate and the hatchery debate which runs amok everywhere. As refreshing as a fountain coke!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by