I know this is crazy but, Seramas?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KristaChickenWhisperer, Jan 26, 2009.

1. KristaChickenWhisperer

KristaChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Are there any Serama breeders in the pacific Northwest? I REALLY want a Serama or two...But I know how rare they are to find.

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I have some, but I am in Arkansas. [​IMG]

3. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    You are so lucky!! How hard was it for you to get into Seramas?

4. arllcountrygirl

Actually - it wasn't too hard. I lucked out and someone in my town raises them, so I get all I want. [​IMG]

5. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    That is awesome. I hope I get that lucky haha. It is also harder since I am out of state for college and I cant keep chickens here. So I kind of have to do all my searching while I am home for breaks.

6. arllcountrygirl

You can find hatching eggs on eggbid or ebay.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    How about posting a want ad in the Buy Sell Trade area of the BYC forum?

8. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    I didn't know that they were that rare... I have two Serama hens, and three roosters... they were all given to me (the roos were chicks) by someone who lives close by, and he'll be taking them back soon. (he's making room) Sorry it's hard to find them where you are - you should be able to order some from a hatchery though - if you want to raise chicks.

9. KristaChickenWhisperer

Sep 1, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Yea I am thinking of going in that direction. I will have to wait until May when my summer break starts and I am back at home. I doubt my parents will actually raise the chicks for me haha.

I am also attenting a show in March so maybe I can find something there. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

10. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    from what ive heard they are somewhat rare here in the US but they are growing quickly. Thay are very expensive if you get into the best bloodline iknow someone that has some for $125 a piece but i am getting some from a women in georgetown ky that has a bunch and she is getting me some frizzled seramas too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by