I know this is for chickens but.....

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hi I know this web site is for chickens but I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if my dog has gingivitis here is a photo he has black stuff on his teeth bleeds when i try and brush his teeth and he has very bad breath thanks so much for your help

Last edited:
Good for you. One of my dogs has teeth that look just like the ones your dog has. He has an appointment with the vet too.

By the way, this site may be called backyardchickens, but a lot of other critters show up here, too. Off the top of my head I have seen questions posted about goats, sheep, pigs, donkeys, mules, horses, ostriches, emus, parrots, guinea pigs, pet rats, pet mice, a lot of rabbits, chinchillas, cattle, dogs, cats, gerbils, ferrets, and I can't remember what all else. Posters have received good advice too. I am sure that whether you have an aardvark or a zebra, someone here can help you.

E42C0347-E84A-4FE9-BD5B-95D680280A88.jpeg his gums are supposed to be pink but they are some kind of black stuff on them

Last edited:
I can't tell if he has gingivitis yet, but he sure will if he doesn't get his teeth cleaned. He has quite a tarter build up. You need to get that taken care of soon.

Back
Top Bottom