I know this is me being paranoid.....

What it looks like is they are pecking at themselves like they are pulling the down out to make way for feathers. they are 4-5 weeks respectively. I'm assuming they are doing just that, making way for feathers, but I've been reading so much on here that I am getting worried it might be something else.

What it looks like is they are pecking at themselves like they are pulling the down out to make way for feathers. they are 4-5 weeks respectively. I'm assuming they are doing just that, making way for feathers, but I've been reading so much on here that I am getting worried it might be something else.
Are they yanking it out? Or just preening? Can you post a video?

Here's how:
Take video
Upload to YouTube
Post link on the thread

It sounds like preening. Are they developing bald patches or losing down rapidly?
I would say no, however their skin looked a bit pink last night when i was watching them. I sound like the chicken stalker! LOL

I don't really see any bald patches though, but I will post picks. They have feathers that kind of stick out a bunch where new ones are coming in.

I would say no, however their skin looked a bit pink last night when i was watching them. I sound like the chicken stalker! LOL

I don't really see any bald patches though, but I will post picks. They have feathers that kind of stick out a bunch where new ones are coming in.
How old would they be? Are they eating chick feed?

Back
Top Bottom