1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I know what's been happening to my eggs now...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cindiloohoo, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My DD's Buff Orp has been collecting MY Del's eggs!! Little stinker had 10 sitting on them beside the AC unit at the side of the house. Apparently my hens have been donating their eggs to her pile and not laying in the coop. Broody's are troublemakers [​IMG] Too bad they got soaked in all this rain. Some were fertile, but I just scrambled them and gave them back to the hens. Looked like the last couple days of eggs. I told DD to get her a seperate cage months ago [​IMG] Little pain in the tail [​IMG] BUT at least I know what the deal is now.

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    The donations are really cute. Brooding is an odd stage.

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Can you blame her. She needs to conitnue the population go chickens and she is doing her part... [​IMG]

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    WHAAAAT?????? You didn't let her hatch those precious Del eggs??? AAAARGH!!!!!

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Well i would have had they not been soaking wet and mud splattered. She was off the nest for 3 hours at a time. She just thieved them and left them for the most part..lol! Now she has her own pen so she can't collect any more [​IMG]

6. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    [​IMG] crazy hen! lol I agree the donations are funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by