I decided to let my guinea mom go broody on a clutch of eggs, maybe 30 eggs. She sat on them dutifully, and only about 3 hatched (I am pretty sure they ate one baby before I was able to take it out - it disappeared) so I ended up with only 2 keets. I checked the rest of the eggs and they were almost all fertile - just dead in shell. When I incubate artifically, I get about a 99% hatch with fertile guinea eggs. I won't allow the mom to set anymore like that, and will take the eggs to hatch myself from now on. I don't know why the rate was so bad, she seemed to do a good job brooding them and I figured it was more natural and would work out about the same for hatch rates as the incubator. Anyway, live and learn.