I like naked chickens.

Shady

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
WV
Here's some pictures of my Madagascar Gamefowl and my Naked Neck. They are all about seven months old, so they still have a bit of maturing to do. The Madagascars are my favorites out of all my chickens. They are so bold and easy to handle, in fact I won my local 4-h chicken showmanship with Raptor. The NN is a little brat, lol! She's very demanding, and will yell/peck at you if she's unhappy about something. I have to ask, though, I thought Raptor was a roo, but I haven't heard any crowing from him? His comb turned red much earlier than Rex's, but they seem about the same now.
Anyway, pictures (they were getting treats, so they have stuff all over their beaks):

Rex, Madagascar hen.

Raptor, my redhead, and Miley the NN. Raptor constantly looks angry about something, but s/he's very docile. I wish this better illustrated the size difference, because here Raptor is resting, whereas Miley is standing at her full height.

Raptor. These birds are so impressive looking! Almost vulture like.

Whereas Miley is little and cute, I love how huge her eyes are.

Rex, with her silkie-mutt companion in the background.

Raptor!

Does anyone else have any Madagascar Gamefowl? They are such cool birds, I'd love to see pictures.

OMG!!! They deffinitely are cool looking birds. I love the red and black feathering, but the naked neck thing gives me the heebie jeebies.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom