1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I live in a huge shadow

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by missnu01, Jan 27, 2013.

1. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    While all of our neighbors can walk on their lawns, ours is still just a big frozen Ice lake...We may never thaw...We had to skate to the cars today...it was fun for paddling the sled around, but very hard for footing... I am just now jealous of people that get sunlight.

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Haha! I'm with you...all of our neighbors cut pretty much all of the trees down in their yard. They're thawed out, we still have ice and snow everywhere. Don't worry, when hot weather rolls around they'll pay for all of that sunlight. Then they'll be jealous of your yard!
    Nikki

3. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Maybe...I love gardening and I was so excited because we bought 4 acres of land and most of it is cleared, so I figured Yay I can have a huge garden...But alas there is no large space that gets direct sunlight...So I can't really have the garden I dreamed of, but I can have a huge amount of chickens so...That is good. Perhaps I can't garden worth a flip this year, but I'll be awash with chickens. I know it will be cooler here in summer than anywhere else in town so that is a plus...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by