I live in a mad house and I love it...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MammaHen, Mar 2, 2009.

1. MammaHen

MammaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Knysna, South Africa
    So I come home from the farmers market where I sell my chickens for a living. I inadvertently left a door open and what do I find? One of our baby cows has marched right on in, had a good snack on my DH's bonsai, dropped the chilli plant pot on the ground out of disgust, sauntered throughto my youngest sons bedroom and deposited two presents on his carpet and then continued to my eldest son's bedroom to repeat above - only difference is that he decided to walk through it on the way out. [​IMG] My dog Bobby is firmly ensconced on my couch (and he's VERY much an outside dog) watching the preceedings and my parrot running up and down his cage howling with laughter - wouldn't live in town for all the tea in China....

2. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Sounds perfect!! I would not want the cleaning of the carpet bit though! Where would we be without our animals for entertainment?
    [​IMG]

3. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Ha! What goingd on!

4. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol... great story! I do feel for you trying to clean the manure out of the carpet, though! We once hauled a calf in the back of my sister's Blazer and, even though we put some plastic down to protect the carpet, we still had some scrubbing to do! Good luck on the clean up! Thanks for sharing your story!

5. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    ROFL

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

At least it was a baby cow..... [​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Good point Debi! But oh my, what a story! Hope the bonsai makes it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by