I lost 2 but gained 2 :'(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinduck<3er, Aug 17, 2011.

1. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

Well i was so STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i forgot to put up my ducks becuase my friend came over to look at my new duckling that hatched....Well i woke up to check on the duckling and my mom is going to work and she looks out our back window and she says ''THe ducks are out!!!'' then she sees me walking around the corner out of my room.. then she's like ''oh you let the ducks out'' and i burst into tears and run out the door. My female Cayuga is gone and no trace and my male cayuga is doing his raspy quack but looking around and making weird noises.....well im crying even more and i look for tracks but my tears are bloking my eyes from seeing the ground and im saying to my duck for some reason ''trouble tell me were she is come on!!!!!!!!'' and im like he wont tell me.......so i run out in to the woods at 7:30 somthin' and i get lost in the woods and im in like 2 different neighbor hoods.....wow i was so hungry and sweating becuase i was lost for 5 hours then all of the sudden i hear my dad whistling and im running in that direction saying ''daddy...daddy!'' crying at the same time so i traveled a long way and i found my way back to my house and im crying and my dad just comforts me and is hugging me saying ''its ok you couldnt of done anything....'' he says and im just screaming and crying (i know somepeople just dont understand why im getting so upset over a duck but she was my BEST friend!).So i go inside and get some pink lemonade and im sweating all over especially my face.and im litteraly sucking my drink down while im watching my dad go out and look for a minute and then he has to leave for work so im all alone except im with my 2 dogs and my now alone duck....[​IMG] so im sitting in my parents bed crying and so i bring the incubator next to the bed and i fall asleep at 9:00 and i put the incubator away and i wake up at 12:43 and the ducklings DEAD!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] seriosly 2 ducks dead in one day!!!!!! seriosly now im crying 2x as hard now (im sorry im such a crybaby :'( ) Now my mom talked to my dad on the phone and they say i can get another duckling but they dont know the duckling has died yet so when my mom came home at 5:15 she says shes very sad and i can get 2 now...for my now alone cayuga duck trouble... :'( Well i got on metzers and i ordered 1 female cayuga duckling and 1 female blue swedish duckling...im excited but am still VERY sad.... :'( im so sorry i just had to get it off my chest and now my friend said i shouldnt get anymore ducks and i should just get something else or a MICRO PIG really!?!Well im sorry but my ducklings are comeing september 1st!!!!!!!! yay [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Any pics of your ducklings?plz like to see some pics of either adults or just duckling or when their hatching!!!!!1pl lol sorry im just excited!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Fawkes

Fawkes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    [​IMG] That is so sad. I know I would feel just the same if something happened to my ducks. [​IMG]

If you keep them in a enclosure outside, maybe you could get a padlock for it, so that you can make sure you don't forget to close the door (I do this because its easy to forget to close the door, but not so easy to forget to put the lock back on, if that makes sense)?

3. pekinduck<3er

Quote:yah thanks at least someone understands how i feel for my ducks.........i raised them since they were ducklings.......now my male is alone but....hellhave 2 more girls but no duck can replace her......thnx though [​IMG]

4. Fawkes

May 8, 2011
    Yeah, a lot of people think ducks are just ducks and don't all have unique personalities [​IMG] I don't think people can appreciate how wonderful ducks are until they have owned them.

Btw, what was the shipping costs of your order from Metzers? I'm from Jax too. I didn't realize you could order just two ducklings on there, that's perfect for me

5. pekinduck<3er

well it cost me about $61.90 for $35 for sexing and .50 for grogel i put in there and shipping and handling was about $11-12$ andthey charge you if you dont have 10 or more ducks but the minimum is 2 so yah [​IMG] i know its alot but i couldnt find anyother hatcheries that sold only 2 ducklings

6. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    I'm sorry to hear that [​IMG] When I lost 2 of my mallards it was right before I went to school and my mom was at work so I couldn't stay home and that was a really rough day. Then I told one of my friends and she said that they're only ducks. Non-duck owners don't understand how attached you can get to your ducks. Especially when you raise them from ducklings. Well like the saying goes, "When one door closes, a window opens." I personally believe in reincarnation. So maybe one of those ducklings you're getting is one of the ones you lost. [​IMG]

7. Fawkes

May 8, 2011
    Thanks! Yeah, its not a bad price if you want a hard to find breed and want them sexed. I might order from there at some point when I am looking to get more ducks.

8. pekinduck<3er

Quote:thnx thats really sweet [​IMG] and i think that may happen with one of my ducklings thnx for the uplift too [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Fawkes

May 8, 2011
    Double post sorry

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  10. pekinduck<3er

Quote:awesome 2 of my ducks died so im really sad but they say that getting another puppy will help you feel better but im getting ducklings but thats ok im excited all i know is my cayuga honey and her baby are watching over us and trouble her mate [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by