I lost a Scovy today... & it was horrible :'(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

When i went to the pen today & put the ducks away & kicked the geese out I took a head count and noticed there was 1 hen missing. I quickly realized it was my baby girl Zuri, my super sweet, friendly little girl..

She wouldnt come in the night before so we immediately started looking for her. As i rounded the corner to go in the field I saw her laying by the gate, not moving...then i saw the blood, all over her back. I screamed and ran towards her & went to pick her up right away and froze about half way to her & just started crying. I couldnt even touch her, i was too scared to hurt her anymore than she already was.

I dont know what got her but it ripped her whole back off, all i saw was blood & insides. I freaked, she was one of my favorite girls, I honestly dont know how she even got away, i dont know how she was still alive.

I had to have my brothers come cull and bury her for me. I couldnt even look at her.

There has been way too many ups & downs with my Scovies lately and I am seriously considering getting rid of all the other birds so that I can just focus on them and their needs.

I am still so upset over it, it was probably the worst thing i have ever seen. I just want my baby back. [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So sorry.

[​IMG]

3. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Ohhh you poor thing. How awful. [​IMG]

4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I'm so sorry. It's horrible to see something you love hurt like that.

5. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    [​IMG]

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Sorry for your lose. Unfortunately, we lose one now and then. And it is horrible and it does not get any easier.

7. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Soooo Sorry, Bleenie. [​IMG] [​IMG] Seems it's been a rough few months with your Scovies. Life gets that way sometimes but, THANKFULLY, doesn't stay that way. Hang in there and do what you need to. Take care and I will be [​IMG] for you.

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] So sorry you had to go through that. [​IMG]

9. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I just love my scovies, they are very sweet. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

10. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by