I lost HOPE today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenzoo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Hope was my MM jersey giant chick that I received last March, that ended up w/the E diease. She was the only one out of about ten that lived. She fought tooth and nail and despite having no real control over her legs etc. was always happy and excited,you could just see it on her face. She gained strength in her legs when I made her a harness and was doing quite well, so I was going to make her a "wheel type chair" out of an old kids toy car. She never gave up her cheerful expressions, She was always so happy to see me but I noticed this past month her weight declining. She always had a full crop, but her growth was stunted and she began losing weight. I gave her vitimins, more food, yogurt, everything I could think of. She still didn't seem better as far as weight, but still cheerful, I knew it might be only a matter of time. I fed up last night, and of course she did her wiggle dance of excitement. Her eyes were big and soft and happy. She would always look up at me as if to say, thank you before she dove in. I scratched her on the chin and wispered, I love you little Hope, and this morning I found her, she had passed in the night. I cry for my loss, I miss her, I'll miss her excited wiggle and those big, beautiful ,soft round eyes- but I know shes at peace now

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    OMG!! So sorryyyyyyyyyy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

i am truly sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have you in her time here and at least you had to oppourtunity to tell her how you felt before she went to sleep. Im sorry

4. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Bless your heart, I amj so sorry for your loss. You gave her the best life and in return she gave you lots of love and many happy memories. what a good soul you are to see the possibilties and give them the best chance to come true.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm so sorry. It's awful to watch them fade away and know there is nothing you can do for them. If a chicken can know she was loved, Hope did.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH that is so sad! The way you wrote that I could just see her excitement when you walked into the room. Poor baby! So sorry for your loss!

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. Bless you for being such a wonderful and caring person. Believe me, little Hope felt your love. I am praying for peace in your heart and sending happy thoughts from the Cozy Coop here in Montana.

8. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Thank you for giving HOPE the love you did!

9. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm so sorry.....
    You were her angel on earth. She didn't feel alone and she felt loved. The greatest gift you could have given.
    JJ

10. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] So sorry you lost her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by