I lost my baby girl many years ago and I still feel its my falt.

Cluckcluck1215

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jan 21, 2016
Found.
Baby cat, her name was baby.she died.and I know why.she ate a flower, I can't rember the name.i feel so much it's my falt.she wasn't supposed to go outside and when I opened the door, she slipped past me.

I feel horrible.upset, mad, angry.this was many years ago I lost her, but I still, feel....gultiy.i don't know what to do.

If this sound crazy, don't hesitate to laugh, she was my soulmate cat.my friend for life.when she died i was torn in two.No, make that a million.

Rest In Peace, baby, my beloved.

This is a quote I fond on the Internet.its so true.baby was a black cat.

I'm sorry. You will have to eventually forgive yourself, and maybe learn something from your mistake. It was an accident.

I have lost plenty of animals over the years and some were from bad decisions on my part. Each one taught me a new lesson. I can't undo the past, and you can't either, you can only try to not make the same mistake again. I get really attached to my dogs and it takes years to learn to live without them.

Many cats in this world don't get get a good home and many are treated like disposable trash. Your cat was lucky to be loved so by you, maybe when you are ready you can give another cat a great home for however long they are with you.

I had a similar incident happen when I was a kid. Duplex living, family on both sides. I wasnt supposed to let the dog out while their cat was out. But he was standing at the door as I opened it and out he went. The cat tore him up and he died 3 days later. I knew he wasnt supposed to be outside while the cat was there but it was habit to let him out. Tge dog had lived tgere for years, tge cat only a short time.

It was 30+ years ago and I dont think about it often now, but when I do I still feel a pang of guilt. After all these years I have settled on acceptance that it happened and forgiveness for myself that I was responsible.

I am sorry you went through this. Hugs.

I'm sorry. You will have to eventually forgive yourself, and maybe learn something from your mistake. It was an accident.

I have lost plenty of animals over the years and some were from bad decisions on my part. Each one taught me a new lesson. I can't undo the past, and you can't either, you can only try to not make the same mistake again. I get really attached to my dogs and it takes years to learn to live without them.

Many cats in this world don't get get a good home and many are treated like disposable trash. Your cat was lucky to be loved so by you, maybe when you are ready you can give another cat a great home for however long they are with you.

You are right.animals are treated like trash.

My cat was a kitten when I fond her.i was on the street and a man in a truck came by and he dropped her on the side of the road and she was really tiny!she only had one really good eye.

Honestly, I hate people that abuse animals, it's horAble.

I had a similar incident happen when I was a kid. Duplex living, family on both sides. I wasnt supposed to let the dog out while their cat was out. But he was standing at the door as I opened it and out he went. The cat tore him up and he died 3 days later. I knew he wasnt supposed to be outside while the cat was there but it was habit to let him out. Tge dog had lived tgere for years, tge cat only a short time.

It was 30+ years ago and I dont think about it often now, but when I do I still feel a pang of guilt. After all these years I have settled on acceptance that it happened and forgiveness for myself that I was responsible.

I am sorry you went through this. Hugs.

I'm so sorry.i feel like....it's really my falt, when my best friend said it wasn't and it was a mistake, a shake her away cause it was my falt.i could have made her not go outsid.

Wait, how big was the dog if a cat tore him up?

The dog was abputn30 lbs. Cat was a kitten. Dog got some kind of infection from the attack and that is what killed him.

When my father was a young man in the military, for some reason he had to hang something on the wall in an office. As he prepared to hammer a nail into the wall, his commanding officer walked into the room. He snapped to attention and saluted, and was told to "carry on," so he did. Only, now he had an audience, and you can probably guess what happened. Yep, he missed the nail, and hit himself on the thumb. He dropped the hammer, grabbed his thumb, sucked in his breath and said,

"Gee, I wish I hadn't done that."

His C. O. looked at him like there was something seriously wrong with him. "The word is ****, sailor," was all he said.

Dad laughed weakly and shook his head. "No, sir, I'm trying to quit," he replied.

We all have those "Gee, I wish I hadn't done that" moments in our lives. The worst are when someone or something else pays dearly for our mistake. But there is no good to be gained by agonizing over them, especially years after the fact. if there's a lesson to be learned, learn it, and move on. Wallowing in self-condemnation is pointless and self-destructive; Heaven knows, there are enough here-and-now things to get you down, without dredging up ancient history. You really, really need to stop hurting yourself over this.

Very sorry to hear that :(. I've had those times, too, when it really was my fault and I couldn't deny it; but I've found it's not best to dwell on that. Try to think about the good memories you have of her.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom