I lost my best little buddy, my little baby, my Sweet Pea today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, May 7, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It all started with a lonely egg.... that was the only survivor from a shipment from Ohio. She was the only hatch, my sweet little Silver Grey Dorking Bantam. She had personality from the day she was born, I knew she was special. She always had those lovely happy eyes and her little spirit warmed my heart and everyone else who saw her. She would jump and skip around the house like a little brown robin, always bouncy, round and round like a little wind up toy gone wild. She craved attention, especially from me and would constantly break out of her pen to find me. She would come around the corner, hop up on the couch and snuggle under my hair against my cheek and shoulder. She was a momma's girl and was like my child. She was with me through some of the toughest times of my life, through the death of another dear pet, LOOKOUT, my dearest wry necked silkie and Sweet Peas best friend, for which I named my decal business after. She was there through a lot of things with me, always with smiling eyes. I did everything to protect her, but it just wasn't ment to be. A few months ago after 2 weeks of her laying her first eggs she started to act funny. She had a slight swelling on her brow. She injured her eye, then developed into wry neck and got better then got worse. The vet and I tried different things, she got better then a month later she could not walk, then better then she went down hill. I tube fed her Baby bird formula, her favorite, she ate some on her own too. All the vitamins, Vit E, Calfmanna, calcium etc etc was not helping, still she smiled through those beautiful eyes. She would try to push her self up to get to me and I made her a permanent bed by my computer where she would watch me type with you guys. Last night I fed her and let her finish the bowl on her own. She gobbled it up and I wiped her little face. She always got mad if I didn't let her taste at least some of her food on her own. I scratched her favorite spot behind her ear, told her I loved my little pea and went to bed. After a few months of fighting and holding on I found her this morning. Her happy little eyes were closed.
    RIP my sweetest little friend.............

2. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Oh... I am so sorry. What a lucky little chicken she was! Hoping all your pleasant memories help your heart heal quickly....

3. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I'm so sorry about your sweet pea, why is it always the special ones?[​IMG]

4. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG]

So sorry you lost her.....

5. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Sorry you lost her... what a sweet life she had though!

6. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So sorry to hear about Sweet Pea. [​IMG] Sounds like she had the perfect name. What a special girl! [​IMG]

Shelly

7. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    So very sorry, but it sounds like you and Sweets had a great life together. Smile when you think about her.

Cheri

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I'm sorry-you made me cry [​IMG] I hope one day I have a sweet pea!!! You were very lucky to have her..

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am so sorry you lost sweet pea. I know how it feels to lose a special friend. [​IMG]

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by