I lost my car yesterday... update... the kid is in jail!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Fancie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    I was going around trying to find a place to fix a watch I got from my dececed grandma when all the sudden... Bam! I didn't even see the two kids coming out from the alley.

My car was a '91 Izuzu Stylus... my joy. It is just 7 years from going antique, had a great body aside from a rust spot.

But the worst part was my 18 month old baby was in a car seat just inches away from the collision.

I was so mad! The two kids came out of the car.... "ohhh we are soooo sorry."

One of the boys left on foot towards school a few blocks away.

I asked for their insurance... of course they don't have any.... "I have $200 I can run home and get."

I told them no we had to call the police... I was trying to call for a phone when the one went to his car to sit in it. I was so mad.... I went to his car and he rolled down his window... and I could smell pot barreling out of his car and the moment a neibor came out with a phone to use the kid took off....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We just downgraded the insurance to liability and if we don't catch the kids I have to pay for everything. As it is I won't get enough threw insurance to pay for all the damage, but we plan on fixing her up again... I just hope they catch the kids.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] WOW! I certainly hope they find those kids - did you get the plate number? I would be furious!!!

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    well if one went to school have the cops go there....

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    If they were coming out of the alley, there's a good chance they live down that alley. I'd take a drive around the neighborhood and look at cars to see if you find the one that hit you.

They could charged with lots of things in this situation...

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    So sorry about that! Ack!

The police do need to check the school, see who was late that day.

Good luck, I really hope the little hoodlums get caught. [​IMG]

ETA- Leaving the scene of an accident is not one the authorities take lightly.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. Fancie

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    the cops are going to the school today so my fingers are crossed. I didn't get a plate number... I tried to memerize it but lost it shotrly after I dailed 911. The crash was so loud all the nebors came out. One even chased after him a ways...

I hope they find them, just so they can pay for the damage

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  7. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
    Quote:I agree. If you remember what they look like, you could ID at least one of them...

8. Fancie

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I want to but can't... I have to wait till the adjuster comes out to look at my car before we can fix it... me and my hubby have to share a car untill than... and when he is at home I have to go to work... I might drive around ther tonight thou.

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    You and your baby need to be checked by a doctor immediately. The effects from a collision like that often are delayed. So get it on record now, but mostly to make sure you are both ok. That can do more injury to a baby than an adult.

10. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Sometimes I just hate people.

I hope they catch those ignorant blankety blanks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by