1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I lost my d'Uccle

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ...chickenlover3..., Jun 9, 2011.

1. ...chickenlover3...

...chickenlover3... Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Rockford IL
    In the morning I always put my bantams in a trackor and at night I put them in their house.

One day I put all my chickens in there trackors and and I filled their food and water up. It was very hot out so I went down there later that day to check on them. I was looking around and I felt like I was missing one, so I started to count them and then I saw that my little d'Uccle hen was not there. I looked every were and then when I almost gave up, I stopped and looked in the trackor and saw that their water dish was upside down so I went in there to fill up there water dish and when I picked it up my little girl was under the water dish. I ran in the house and told my mom that I found her. We had searched the bushes and pasture and under everything we could think of and she was under the water dish the whole time and didn't make a peep.
    my little Vanilla
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    big huge hugs

3. SeasideSilkies

SeasideSilkies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Glad you found her!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
  4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    [​IMG] sorry for your loss [​IMG]

5. Willie647

Willie647 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2008
    Southeast Texas
    I'm confused. Is she alright? I read it either way. Hope she is ok.

6. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Is she okay? She was alive under there right? Poor little lady! She's adorable. <3

7. MiniatureCochin

MiniatureCochin Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    I had a similar experience with one of my redstar hens. She disappeared one day, and we looked everywhere for her, but soon gave up because we thought the neighbor's dog had got her . Then, a day or so later, we saw a upside down tub that had been sitting in our yard move. Well, guess what...she was under there, and she had laid two eggs! Poor thing was severely dehydrated and hungry. Needless to say, I felt like a moron to not have checked under the tub. However, she is fine now.

i, too, am a little confused about the post, but I do hope your hen is okay.

MiniatureCochin

8. ...chickenlover3...

...chickenlover3... Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Rockford IL
    she was fine and to this day she likes to hide on us

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by