I lost my Gander today.

Paganrose

Songster
9 Years
May 23, 2010
Albany,, Wisconsin
My gander ended up getting out of the yard and wandered onto the road. He ended up getting hit by a truck this morning in the fog.
hit.gif

So now I have a very confused and lonely goose.
hu.gif
she was just starting to show signs of nesting.

I would like to find her another mate. Does anyone in central wisconsin have a gentle gander they are willing to part with???? Even if it a gosling. I am not to picky about breed, but seeing as my goose is an Embden I would prefer a Embden, or other large sized gander.

That is a bummer...I lost my gander a few weeks ago. He was raised with his mate from a gosling and she was also very confused and lonley. She would just wander around honking and looking for him....I ended up getting 4 new geese...One gander and 3 females and it has been going very well. My original goose is still a little standoffish toward the others but she is slowly warming up to them.

Good luck finding another buddy for your girl!

Until you can find a companion for your goose, try hanging a mirror at her eye level. It might help calm her to see "another" goose.

I'm sorry about your loss. Hope you find another boy for your girl!

I read this as "I lost my GENDER today" I have GOT to get some glasses.

so sorry you lost your gander. I really wish you were closer, I have two embden ganders I need to rehome they are both very sweet but I need to cut my numbers. Any one from Nebraska going her way?

Back
Top Bottom