I lost my Job

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bantamlover23, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Well, me and with about 20 other employees lost their job this week. I found out last night when my boss drove to my house and told me. She boards her horse at our horse so that is why she did that.

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I am so sorry to hear that, I'm in the same boat. Good luck in the job search and stay positive!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    When I hear so called "economists" say that it's getting better, I just laugh and say, NOT IN ARIZONA!

The only jobs that are 'increasing' are government jobs... makes you wonder if someone there in Washington wants ALL of us, working for the government.... ya know like Lenin or Stalin?

JD Haywarth just announced his candidacy to replace John McCain. GO J.D.!!!!

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Im so sorry-- [​IMG]

5. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    It's not in South Carolina either.What so many people don't undertand is the unemployment numbers are not correct in that there are thousands upon thousands of working people who have exhausted all their benefits and extentions.They are not counted in the numbers because they drop out of the total figure.Where the unemployment rate is reported at 10% it is most likley 12 or 13.

6. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I had that happen earlier this year, that is the scariest thing imaginable and heart wrenching. I am so sorry that you're going through this [​IMG]

7. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I hear ya loud and clear. Scarey, ain't it.

8. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Quote:I haven't a clue where they get their info! Of course these are the same people who kept insisting there wasn't a recession until months after it had begun. It is truly amazing how out of touch with every day reality those in charge are!

Bantamlover23.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope you find something soon!

9. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Quote:I feel your pain. I lost my job over a year ago when the newspaper I worked for eliminated our entire department. Thankfully my wife has a good job or we'd be in dire straits.

10. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I am very lucky to have had a wonderful boss because she has already placed a few calls for me and she will help me any way to find a job. The main reason why I was laid off was because I was outsourced because they wanted to move the account I work for to India. I am a medical transcriptionist so I am really hoping to find a job soon. I also knew in my heart that this might happen to I was not as upset I thought I would be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by