I lost the Love of my Life

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rafter 7 Paint Horses, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    My sweetie has passed away.

He got his leg broke by a cow at the sale barn where he works part-time. She crushed the fibula bone close to his ankle, being hard-headed as he was, he went on working for 2 days without going to the doctor.
    After he finally did, he complained of an upset stomach and a headache. When the headache got bad, he finally consented to going to the ER. He had a slight stroke and then he had a massive one at the hospital.

He will continue to give life and hope to others through organ donations. His corneas, some bones, kidneys, liver, and skin have gone on to save other lives. He had a large heart, literally, and we don't know yet if it went to anyone or to research. The donor organization will be letting us know more later.

We are all lost without him. When I stand outside, there is this huge empty feeling all around...it is amazing that one human could fill so much space. He lived life to it's fullest and always told me that when the Lord called him, there wouldn't be time for any goodbyes, he would just be gone.
    He has left with a piece of all of us, but we have peace knowing he has joined his Dad, Mom, little brother, and his Grandparents in heaven.

The funeral was a wonderful tribute to the way he touched so many lives. The place was so full, that some people couldn't even get in the door. We had pictures of him riding his horse, playing with the grand-kids and had his saddle with his rope standing at the end of his coffin.

He was one of God's favorite children. His prayers were always answered because he only asked for what he needed, never for what he wanted. He thanked him every day for every thing we had.
    We lived a simple life with not many luxuries, but we always had what we needed.

I had him for too short of a time, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. He taught me so much about faith and love.
    I only pray that I will come to have the faith he had, for he was truly blessed.

I miss him so much. He was my whole world.

Jean

2. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I am so sorry for your loss and can only offer my condolences. From what you said he sounded like a great man. In your situation I couldn't say I would be able to handle it. My prayers go out to you and your family during your time of mourning.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts.

He was a good man. It is hard to stay positive, but I have to do it in order to go on without him.
    He could do anything.
    Now I will have to figure out a lot myself, including building the pens I need for the 94 chicks I just hatched. He was the builder of things around here. He had so much knowledge of many things, and now my go-to guy isn't here for me to go to.

I hope I can remember the things he showed me. I just thought he would be around many more years. He was just 52.

Jean

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I am so sorry.
    [​IMG]

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I am so sorry for your loss. I know there is really nothing I can say except that I am praying for you to be strong through this.

[​IMG]

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that's so sad.

Jean, I'm extremely sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

8. mordarlar

mordarlar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    I am so sorry for your loss. My wishes and prayers for healing and strength go out to you and your family.

9. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    [​IMG]

10. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I am so sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by