I lost them....

Trophamus

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Today one of my eggs(which i thought had twins in) which had chicks in had pipped and i was stupid and had read twins couldn't get out by themselves so tried to help them, and they died....
There yolk (they shared the same one) wasn't fully absorbed and there was some blood, they lived for a little while, i ran to get my dad and when i came back they were gone. I felt so terrible and cried for a while
sad.png
I just keep thinking that if i hadn't helped them then they would be here, i didn't actually properlly know that it was twins, when i candled i guessed but doubted it, until they pipped and i could feel them pipping in differant places.
Im just really sad now and wanted to rant, i did take a picture but it just feels wrong to post a picture of 2 dead chicks, they were perfectly formed apart from the yolk joining them
sad.png
When i asked my dad if it was my fault he said yes, yes it was,
barnie.gif
which really isn't the point, he's meant to say no just to make me feal better.

(edited for spelling mistakes)

Last edited:
Aaaw! At least your Dad could have told you a fib... so hard to learn our lessons - but you did what you thought to be right and that is better than ignoring a problem - bless you, we are all learning....

Suzie

Sorry for your loss. My dad said hurtful things when I was young. I eventually learned to forgive him.

Aw, I'm sorry for the loss. It happens to everyone. We've had chicks die on us after we've tried to save them, and it's heartbreaking to loose such an adorable creature.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom