I love barred rocks, do you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hen is cute!, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hen is cute!

Hen is cute! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2010
    I am in love with my barred rocks, are you?

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I bought 15 Barred rock chicks at an auction for $15.00. Gave 3 to my daughter, lost 1, and the remaining 11 are 3mos. old. There are 2 cockrels and 9 pullets. How lucky is that? They are a beautiful little flock.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  3. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I have four BR and they are awesome. Really friendly, beautiful, great egg layers, and laid back. So yes i do LOVE my BR. [​IMG]

4. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I have one barred rock hen, and I'm wanting more. She's a real sweetheart. Very silly too.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My favorite breed. Yup, love 'em!

6. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I like my BR. She is, however, the top hen in the flock, so she's not exactly sweet. But, she lays well, she's pretty, and does a good job of keeping the others in line without being cruel about it. She likes treats, but doesn't enjoy petting and snuggling like some of the others. I did have a BR roo that I had to rehome to a nice family, and he was an absolute sweetheart! Wish I could have kept him!

7. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I have only had Buff Orpingtons, but I have ordered some Barred Rocks (ETA April 27th....not that I am counting [​IMG] ) and I am SUPER excited!
    [​IMG]

8. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

I love them! My two aren't very friendly, but are great layers, entertaining and bossy. I love their stripes!!!

9. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    My Ma [grandmother] always had Br's so I feel that it is a must have in my flock. I have always thought they were sweet tempered chickens.

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I love Barred Rocks, my favorites...personality plus and very friendly...and mine are hatchery BR's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by