I love black jelly beans

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Aug 18, 2010.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    ...especially black Jelly Bellies. YUM!

What treat do you love?

2. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    I am with you I love black jelly beans. I had to hunt this past Easter for packages of just black for myself. Yummy !

3. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    LOL!!! Black licorice is the ONLY candy on the planet NO ONE in my family can stand- except ME!!! I am sooooo with you on the black Jelly Bellys!

I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that black licorice flavored gum- cant remember the name right at the moment, but its the only gum I can keep in my purse without worrying my kids will want some of!

ETA- Oh yeah, I think that gum is called BlackJack, mmmmmmm.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Mmm, I love black jelly beans also. Black licorice not quite as much. The one treat I love above all others but get very rarely are Harry and David Chocolate-Covered Cherries. YUM!

5. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Reese's Pieces.

The bomb.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] I do not like black color of any candies on the market. Bleck! Red licorce I can handle! [​IMG]

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Dh and I LOVE black jelly beans!! [​IMG] My kids absolutely cannot stand them. [​IMG] We went to the Jelly Belly factory at the Illinois/Wisconsin border last month, and bought several bags of jelly beans. Dh and I get ALL the black ones to ourselves! LOL Yummy yummy. [​IMG]

8. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Can't stand licorice of any color, and I despise anise, so black jelly beans are out for me. My candy of choice would be miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, which I hide from my husband because he will eat them all and I don't want to share! He HATES peanut butter but will chow down on my mini Reese's. I don't get it.

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I also love black jelly bellys, but don't like traditional black licorice, like the Panda brand... I like my licorice with a lot of sugar! DH says that people only pretend to like licorice so they don't have to share the jelly beans... NO way! I really really like black jelly beans!

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Who knew I would be in such great company with my love of black jelly beans! [​IMG]

For the longest time I was the only one in my family that liked the black ones, which of course insured that I got them all. Sadly, one of my nieces has decided to be like me and insists that she likes them as well. Sigh. I have had to do the grown up thing and share, despite my inner child screaming "MINE MINE MINE!!" It helps that our local Publix sells Jelly Bellies by the bag full and you can pick which flavors you want. I have been getting a treat of black and cinnamon flavored and I haven't shared a single one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by