I love Brinsea!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Nov 11, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    If you read my saga about the damaged incubator here's the resolution. The water pump rotor is not bent. It is meant to be that way to keep the silicone tubing moving correctly. She said they get calls about it all the time. I suggested they include a note in the box to let people know that. The picture on their website is too small and at an angle so you can't tell it's bent.

As for the damaged digital display, Brinsea has authorized me to go ahead and use this incubator and they will either send me just a replacement top or a whole new incubator. When it arrives I can send the damaged one back. They are paying all shipping costs! The better good news is that it has been up and running since yesterday and holding temp within 1/10th of a degree of 99.5 and humidity between 1% of 40. And, we haven't had to do a thing! It is also less noisy this morning after running all night. Maybe the lube kicked in or something. All I know is, I am thrilled and I can set the expensive eggs I ordered.

Thanks for listening to me whine yesterday. [​IMG]

Mary

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I love Brinsea too. [​IMG] Glad it worked out for you.

3. gymbeau

gymbeau Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2009
    West Alabama
    So pleased to hear about a good resolution.

My Brinsea is due today.

4. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    I agree they are a great company. WHoo hooo for your eggs [​IMG]

5. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    That is the best possible outcome. You were NOT whining by the way, you were justifiably upset and heartsick....and you were right! [​IMG]

6. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Glad you got it straight. I've been watching for an update on this. Thanks for letting us know...[​IMG]

Marty

7. chicktwit

chicktwit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    It is good to know that they are working with you on this. [​IMG]

8. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    They just sent me a tracking number for the new top shipped out by UPS!

Yeah! Thanks Rose at brinsea.com!

Mary

9. ISSOLA

ISSOLA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    North Shore, MA
    That's good to know that Brinsea listened, and did the right customer service! [​IMG]

I got my Brinsea today, but will not be hatching until next spring. Hopefully, my brinsea incubator does not have any damage, 'cause I won't be using it for 5 months.

Good luck with your hatching! Please blog on your hatch rate, and pics! Many pics! [​IMG]

10. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Quote:When it comes, get it out and fire it up on a practice run, just to be sure.
    I have never had a problem with mine. I love it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by