1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I love chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by akyramoto, Apr 11, 2007.

1. akyramoto

akyramoto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    I just wanted to share my new found love for chicken ownership! I got some chicks last September ( my friend talked me into it, actually she got me the chicks) I love having them! I would go home everyday after work & hang out with my chickies. They're soooo people friendly. They come running when they see me. I love spending time with them. watching them do their little chicken things. I never thought i would find them so entertaining. Honestly I never gave them a chance before as an animal i would own, now I think I'm a permanent chicken person!

I love how they get so excited about treats, how they cruise around the yard, even how they 'compost' for you! I rake up the straw in their run & they get all excited & scratch through it, breaking it down, making nice stuff to put on the compost pile!

I love the eggs, it feels like easter everyday. I love my assortment of hens, they're all so different.

Thanks for listening to me rant about my flock. I figured this is an appropriate place to do it!! haha

[​IMG]

2. ccchicken

ccchicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    I feel the exact same way![​IMG]

3. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    I share in your joy!![​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Just wanted to say, what a beautifull assortment you have there. They all look so fat and happy! GREAT JOB! Welcome to the " addiction"

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Yes, you are definately in the right place! [​IMG]
    You have a very colorful flock there! [​IMG]

6. akyramoto

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    enjoying a treat
    [​IMG]

by the way is there a picture forum? whats the best way for me to share my MANY MANY pics of my hens?

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

What a gorgeous flock!!!

I have only been raising chickens for about a year now and I am also totally addicted.

Where are you in northern Cal? I am in the foothills of central Cal in a little town called Tollhouse.

8. akyramoto

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    I'm about 30 min northeast of Sac. hehe close enough to all the comotion that people seemed kinda shocked that I have chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by