I LOVE Craigslist!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Lach Cnoc Farm, May 17, 2009.

1. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    After throwing out a whole incubator full of bad eggs, I decided to post an ad on Craigslist looking for local fertile hatching eggs, chicken or duck...

I got quite a few replies, and found a Wonderful woman just a few miles from me that gave me 2.5 dozen fertile Green/Blue Eggs and 1 dozen Brown & Pink Eggs...FOR FREE!!! She even offered an EMU egg! She also said i could come back anytime for more, she was really sweet and i couldnt thank her enough [​IMG]

Also got in touch with another wonderful lady just a few miles from me also that offered me some chicken and duck eggs for $1.50 a dozen!! [​IMG]

I am So excited!

After thinking about it for a little bit, i decided to send an e mail to a lady i received some free chickens from a while ago and ask her about hatching eggs too. She raises all bantam 'fancy chickens' for show...and even has some Tolbunt Polish! (i wont be getting any of those though, lol). She was more than happy to trade me Hatching eggs for Eating eggs! She has the most gorgeous silkies, i am really excited to see what i get! she said there wopuld be purebred an some mutt eggs...my litttle cousin is going to be ecstatic!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

There is some of the most wonderful people on Craigslist!!

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Lách Cnoc Farm :

After throwing out a whole incubator full of bad eggs, I decided to post an ad on Craigslist looking for local fertile hatching eggs, chicken or duck...

I got quite a few replies, and found a Wonderful woman just a few miles from me that gave me 2.5 dozen fertile Green/Blue Eggs and 1 dozen Brown & Pink Eggs...FOR FREE!!! She even offered an EMU egg! She also said i could come back anytime for more, she was really sweet and i couldnt thank her enough [​IMG]

Also got in touch with another wonderful lady just a few miles from me also that offered me some chicken and duck eggs for $1.50 a dozen!! [​IMG]

I am So excited!

After thinking about it for a little bit, i decided to send an e mail to a lady i received some free chickens from a while ago and ask her about hatching eggs too. She raises all bantam 'fancy chickens' for show...and even has some Tolbunt Polish! (i wont be getting any of those though, lol). She was more than happy to trade me Hatching eggs for Eating eggs! She has the most gorgeous silkies, i am really excited to see what i get! she said there wopuld be purebred an some mutt eggs...my litttle cousin is going to be ecstatic!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

There is some of the most wonderful people on Craigslist!!

WOW! congrats! ok you read my mind, i WANTED tolbunt polish..... can you please please get some from her and mail them to me? I will pay for them!!!! Please oh please​

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Awesome! I wish I could get free Emu reggs but my mom would kill me if I kept him [​IMG]

4. Lach Cnoc Farm

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    She just recently sent her Rooster to Kentucky for stud service...i wasnt tryin to break the bank...so i asked how much for only 1 egg a while back, lol.

she said shed hatched only 5 of their chicks and was treating them like precious gems:p

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Lách Cnoc Farm :

She just recently sent her Rooster to Kentucky for stud service...i wasnt tryin to break the bank...so i asked how much for only 1 egg a while back, lol.

she said shed hatched only 5 of their chicks and was treating them like precious gems:p

oh my!!!! they sure are hard to find!!!! sooo pretty [​IMG]

6. Lach Cnoc Farm

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    I think emu's are kinda creepy, theres a lot of people that have them out here...this lady had one that walked around in her front yard and acted liek a dog....she started petting his head and hed nuzzle her and sit down..almost fell aslepp...it was really funny....

i think it would be like hatching a dinosaur [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Quote:oh my!!!! they sure are hard to find!!!! sooo pretty [​IMG]

Yes, very pretty [​IMG] And probably very expensive from the sound of it!

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Oh I'd hatch an emu egg if only the darn thing could fit through my chickens pop door when it was older [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by