I LOVE FARMER'S MARKETS!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cherrychicken, Oct 4, 2008.

1. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I just got back from the farmers market, whooooo! I just got so many cool things! I got natural beeswax lipbalm, a beeswax candle, honey, sunflower sprouts, tomatoes, garlic and herb bread, apricot goat cheese.... And you know what else? I also found an awsome chicken purse. I think a thread was started on here about that rubber chicken tote! Just wanted to honk my horn and to see what great finds y'all have found! so lets here 'em!

2. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    no one else has ever gone to a farmer's market?

3. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    I love love love farmer's markets, but I have found that as I have gotten to know the local farmers in my area, I just go straight to them for things [​IMG] I still do drop in on the markets though- it is a WONDERFUL way to spend time with your family. I love the gourds that are fashioned into bird houses and the amazing flowers!

4. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    We have one down the street from our house, but it's very very small. I've gone a couple of times, but there's usually not anything as unique as apricot goat cheese. I don't think I've heard of that one before! [​IMG]

5. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

i go, once a week on wednesdays, they do it on saturdays too but it's always so crowded. I think this weekend was it for the season though. I love it, i find such neat things.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I need to find one in the Phoenix Area... anyone from the valley of the sun, know of the location of one?

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the Farmer's Market! I have purchased honey, fruit, culinary lavender, red wiggler worms for our worm bin, fresh bread, etc... Our's is every Saturday.

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    There is a wonderful one about two miles up the road from us, I purchased peppers, onions, purple cauliflower, cukes and all kinds of squash. I brought home three full bags and only paid $8.00! I went back today for more, but they were closed. : (

9. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    We have them in the UK - ours is twice a month and very well supported. It is good to get produce straight from the farmer without paying the supermarket and we can get lots of lovely cakes, jam, cheese and honey as well as lots of free range organic meat.

10. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    The farmer's market here is definitely for the tourists. The farmstand near me sells eggs for 3 a dozen, but the market charges 5! Meat and produce is similarly jacked up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by