i love horses

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KDOGG331, Oct 11, 2009.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    this is really random but i really want a horse. I love horses and all animals for that matter! haha lol

2. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    They are one big pet!!! As an owner of 5, they are expensive and high maintence. So make sure you know exactly what you are getting into before you go investing!!!

Although they are a pleasure to ride and just get lost in your thoughts on. I don't know what I would do with out my gelding Dakota, I have had him since I was 13, he was a rescue from a sale barn...Sad shape, just had to buy and fix him. Had to cut the halter out of the bone on his face, serious wormer, corrective shoeing for five yrs do to insufficient food source from previous owner so he would cross his ankles when he walked until his ankles bled. He had to wear booties for a long time to shield that from happening...

After all this, he was made into a barrel racing horse and I took him to local shows and he won High Point Trophy 3 yrs in a row...He is my baby, and when I just need to relax he is my go to guy, Mr. Dependable!!!!

Have fun, good luck!

3. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks and that's so sad about your horse Dakota but I am glad it had a happy ending and Dakota now has a wonderful home thank you for saving him I hate it when people do that to animals I mean like theres no excuse and like embedded collars and starving the animal and stuff is/are the worst its so sad and there is no excuse for it and then they lie and say he was fine yesterday or I fed him yesterday it's like ummmm no you didnt cause that type of thing does not happen overnight you know? so I am so glad you saved him from that cruelty you are a hero thank you. And yeah I know they can be expensive and stuff so I probably cant get one now but hopefully someday! thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by