I love IDEAL hatchery!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by pringle, Oct 30, 2009.

1. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Well I got my shipment of 5 ducks and 2 chicks,they all came happy and healthy,and not to mention how tame they all are.Its been super cold but they all survived,ideal got a smaller box put lots of hay in it plugged some of the holes and shipped em to me.4 of the ducks were mallards which need lots of water but they shipped them very fast so no problems there.I recomend ideal for anyone who just wants good service,good poultry and waterfowl.

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    So how fast did they get to you, pringle? I see you're in Maine and I am wondering how long they were in transit from TX to MA. I order from Ideal, but I'm in OK so they get to me in a day.

Also, what kind of chicks did you get?

edited to reveal:
    I'm a dork! MA is Mass, ME is Maine...sorry!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  3. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    The Mallards we got from them were not good. One seemed to be a cross. Another never grew wing feathers and was not capable of flight.

4. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    I line in massachuessetes lol,but they only took about 2 days to ship,i think even less.The chicks I ordered were a blue cochin and an americauna both doing very well right now.I hope my mallards will be ok,they seem so lively and nice.Im pretty sure none are crossed but cant be to sure till they are grown up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by