I love Ideal poultry

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by babsboys, Apr 22, 2009.

1. babsboys

babsboys Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Millington
    Ideal Poultry has been nothing but helpful and accomodating. I changed my order multiple times and just was a royal pain in the butt customer, asking tons of questions and taking up a lot of their time. They were always very friendly, even when I could hear phones ringing off the hook in the background. I somehow ended up with a wrong chick. Mind you I had 16 different breeds. They offered to resend my incorrect chick. I cannot believe their customer service. I will always order from Ideal! Out of all my chicks I only lost one and I believe it may have been because it was a bantam and got trampled by the big girls a couple of days after it was home. IDEAL POULTRY IS AWSOME.

2. Redhead Hen

Redhead Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Rising Sun, Maryland
    [​IMG] It is nice to see a happy post about a hatchery![​IMG]

3. babsboys

babsboys Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Millington
    I hear so many horror stories I thought i would be good to hear the good, and wanted to give Ideal the kudos they deserve.

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Ideal ROCKS. They've never been anything other than honest and helpful - yep even when I change an order three times. They sent good healthy stock and gave me plenty of warning and while they are hatchery birds I was very pleased with their Partridge Rocks. I'd gotten batches from other hatcheries and was NOT happy.

Now I get to work on quality of egg, size and growth rate.

5. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    They do have awesome customer service, I am very impressed!

My last shipment from them arrived the day after they shipped them out. My current order shipped out on Wednesday and still no sign of them [​IMG] I am really starting to get worried about them. Lots of little bantams in this order.

Just wanted to update....my order finally arrived...midday on day 2, whew. All were alive upon pick up, but I lost 2 from my order (tiny d'Uccles) and 3 from the other half of the order didn't make it. That only makes 5 out of 67 chicks. Of course yesterday morning we had a frost warning too and today is supposed to be 85, dumb weather.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  6. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    I ordered from them to and I thought they were great. It is my first time ordering chicks but we ordered 12 got 12 RIR packing peanuts. We only lost one and they credited my card right away.

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Well they are here now and your on your way to pick them up. [​IMG]

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I agree. I ordered 30 frizzled cochins from them and when some did not feather out and were pretty much bald, they refunded my money on the ones that did not feather properly. They were awesome and even got on the phone and explained the frizzle gene to me.

9. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I have to agree. I deal with Shannon there. She answers phone, takes orders, fills orders and i think generally lives to provide customer service. I was so impressed that i drove 2 hours to pick up my last order so i could meet her in person(and i didn't want to have my chicks go thru the p.o.). I ended up leaving with two extra chicks. Now that's how to keep a chicken addict happy. LOL

1 person likes this.
  10. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    I too am completle impressed with Ideal this yr ... I had 2 orders from them and the 1st I lost a couple 2 turkeys 2 banties but the rest are thriving and the BBB turkeys are AWESOME this yr!!!!!! 4 wks and already strutting and close to 4 lbs on the toms... The other order of turkey is doing great and even the 13 packing peanuts lol So KUDOS to U Ideal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by