1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I love it!!!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by joebwe25, Sep 24, 2008.

1. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    I love the new "View personal page" Thingy!
    It's great!

2. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I hadn't noticed. pretty nice!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I noticed it and like the feature for those who have a page, but was going to ask how to turn it off. I don't have a personal page and it would be a waste of time for people to click on it and there's nothing there.

Jody

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Glad you guys noticed it! There are a few other improvements that you may or may not see that will be announced soon.

Quote:Jody, that's a good point. We're working on a way to filter out people who have clicked on their "my page" link (thus creating a blank page) and ones that really have content.

5. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I just noticed it. I should do some stuff on my page. Maybe I'll finally put something on it now.

6. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Is it just my computer, or did the Personal Page thing below our avatar disappear?

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it is removed... hopefully just temporarily. It was causing very large spikes in our server's CPU usage.

This is a great example of how a VERY busy site (like BYC), even on top of the line hardware, can be severely impacted by just a tiny change.

We'll work on optimizing the dynamic link and will keep you posted.

In the interim check out the first version of the page hit counter at the bottom of every member created page! [​IMG]

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I saw that this morning before I went to school, but didnt have time to check it out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by