I love little peepers. (finding the bed)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rainplace, Dec 17, 2009.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Seriously. I've been sitting here since my guys grew up, watching people post their pictures of little peepers, and longing for some more little peepers of my own. I did good too. I was gonna wait for spring. I WAS, darnit! In the end though, the thought of having my own little peepers again during these rainy months was too much and I had to get them.

So yeah, I love little peepers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. DuckMamaorBust

DuckMamaorBust Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    Westford, MA
    So, It's Dec 17th... did you're new li'l peepers arrive? Are you with holding pictures for a reason? [​IMG]

Nevermind... I just found your other thread :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  3. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    I love them, too. Though mine are about to hit the three-week stage and can't really be called "little" anymore. XD

4. rainplace

Looky at how cute!
    [​IMG]

I think the bowl is too small and too deep, they already fill it up.
    [​IMG]

Otis got splashed, he's afraid of the peepers.
    [​IMG]

One more because I can.
    [​IMG]

5. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    They are just too cute! A few more months and I'll have my own peepers. Did you get them from Metzer's?

6. rainplace

I sure did! I got them because I hear welsh harlequins have a greater tendency to go brooder compared to a lot of other domestic ducks and I didn't want to deal with territorial muscovies. From pictures I've seen of other WH's from Metzers they most likely won't look too much like standard though. I don't really care, I love them just the same [​IMG]

7. smurfboe

smurfboe Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2009
    Phillipston, MA
    They look like my rubber duckies in the bath tub.

8. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    I miss having babies [​IMG]

9. rainplace

We took a nap together yesterday, but before we settled in I took some pictures [​IMG]

"Ma, what are you doing over there." She almost ran off the bed to get to me.
    [​IMG]

They've just discovered the sheets. A few seconds later they were trying to get inside them.
    [​IMG]

Here they are just settling down:
    [​IMG]

Of course I got them all riled up again when I laid down. They tucked themselves around my face and I laid my hair over them. We napped for about 30 minutes. It's so much easier bonding with a pair compared to a small flock. For one thing there is a lot less poop! During the entire time on the bed, I only had three little poos to clean up.

10. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Very cute little peepers there!! It's definitely been my experience that the fewer babies, the better chance you have at a good strong bond. My two most imprinted ducks spent a lot of one-on-one time with me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by