I love living in a small town!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I was driving to pick up my son from school today, and what do I see....a guy in a buggy being pulled at a lovely canter by a HUGE draft horse!!! Right along with traffic, like it's done every day... ***sigh*** One of those things that keeps you smiling to yourself for hours! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a lovely site isn't it? Everyone is in such a hurry all the time and all the hustle and bustle ends up being a way of life, gotta love it when you see something like that.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] We have a family in town that every now and then they hitch up their little mini to a small cart and pick up the two little kids from school.
    Its so cute! The first time I got a fright, sitting in my car waiting outside the school when a horse and buggy parked next to me!

[​IMG]

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

We have a Mennonite settlement about 25 miles from where I live, and I go over to the Greenhouse in the Spring and their little wholesale store. . .the ladies ride their bikes with little kids on it or lots of bags hanging on the handle bars. Just amazed me how balanced they were!! And always so cheerful!!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:YES!!! We have that here too and I love seeing the guy driving his buggy down the two lane highway.

6. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Here in Bagdad Ky we have a nice little comunity and the town is tooo small you can here the other guy shouting if you want, only two small gasstations and a bank and postoffice. [​IMG]

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

It's always relaxing for me in the afternoons to head out of the city. My work is just a couple minutes from the 4 lane, 15 minutes of 65MPH then turn right on the 2 lane about 20 minutes of that. left turn to the gravel lane and home! You can leave a doors unlocked, neighbors look out for you, small town living is the only way.

Almost home

[​IMG]

And home!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Steve in NC

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Very nice Steve!! [​IMG]

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    We were in Castell, Tx on our motorcycles a couple years ago when this little old lady came up at this store with her Belgian, and about 6 dogs. The owner of the store said "Oh, she is going to be MAD with me." EVERY DAY she harnesses up her horse, drives 4 miles to his store to get AN ICECREAM and then drives home.

That day, he was out of ice cream ... she WASN'T happy ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I live in a city, and every once in a while we have a couple of guys ride their horses into town. It is always a joy to see them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by