1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Love MONTANA!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by MtnLiving, Feb 23, 2007.

1. MtnLiving

MtnLiving New Egg

Feb 23, 2007
    SW Montana
    Anyone else from Montana, Wyoming or Idaho?

I was a member of this board a couple years ago but can't find my login or any of my posts; I'm assuming the board was moved at some point? [​IMG]:

I have 11 of my original 26 full size chicks from 2 years ago and just got some bantams and a couple other full sizers today.

Cute cute cute!

2. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Quote:I agree Montana, Wyoming and Idaho are beautiful states you’re very fortunate, my wife doesn’t like the cold were in California, lucky you.

3. lunacroon

lunacroon Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2007
    Roundup
    Hello fellow Montanan! [​IMG]
    I'm in Roundup, MT and my chickies and I are enjoying the beeeutiful weather we're having today!
    Have a great weekend all!
    Steph

4. MTchick

MTchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Western Montana
    Missoula is here to represent.

I have a friend in Bozeman that has a downtown backyard flock, too, but he doesn't participate in this forum.

Now I know where to post if one of my chicks turns out to be a rooster!

-MTchick

5. shadi

shadi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2007
    I'm in Spring Branch , texas the one by San Antonio because Texas has 2-lol

6. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I'm in Douglas,Wyoming.
    I have geese,guineas,bantam ducks,and too many chickens to count. Plus numerous other critters,mostly of the feathered persuasion.
    And I agree that the weather is being enjoyed by everyone.

7. aznewbe

aznewbe Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2007
    Hello, we used to liv in bozeman but now live in AZ. I much perfer mt and plan my escape everyday.:d

8. ghickman9

ghickman9 New Egg

Mar 18, 2007
    I live in Helena, MT. I'm not new to chickens or ducks as I've had them off and on for 30 years, as did my dad and grandfather. About 3 years ago I started with my first bantams and I've been showing them for 2 years. I am breeding and showing Belgian d'Anvers only in Quail so far, but would like to branch out into Blue Quail. I also raise Dutch bantams and have Light Brown (LB), and now have chicks in Blue Light Brown (BLB), Buff Columbian (BuCo) and Blue Buff Columbian (BBuCo). I have some wheaten genes in my stock and should be getting some other varieties as I continue breeding and cross breeding all of these. We are working towards getting the Columbian variety accepted into the ABA standard. Should have plenty of Dutch chicks for sale or trade in the fall (2008).

I also have some large fowl but have not shown them, but will try a few this fall. I have a couple of 8-9 year old Buff Orpingtons that were from my original chickens when I moved here. I have one Partridge Rock, one Salmon Faverole, a pair of Dominiques, and 5 Golden Laced Wyandottes. I want to convert all my large fowl over to rose combs as I have a lot of problems here with freezing combs. My goal is to have Wyandottes, Dominiques, and Chantecleres for my large fowl. My wife really likes my Faverolle and would like me to get a couple more. Always eager to talk chickens so come by or give me a call.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  9. MTchick

MTchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Western Montana
    AH HA! Here are the other Montanans!

-MTchick

10. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    My flock resides down south, south of Montana in Idaho.
    Yep, where the potatoes are grown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by