I love my br chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by babyrnlc, Feb 20, 2011.

1. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    I am getting so attached to this 2 month old br chick. I will be devestated if anything happens to her. I bring her in the house a hour or so each day and she just sits on my lap. She does that purring thing. Today she looked me straight in the eye and purred. It was adorable. She snuggles up in my arm and it is so relaxing.

When she is outside with us, the other girls walk around the yard, she follows me around. IF I am sitting she is scratching close by.

I have resolved myself to know that things happen, you can loose your chickens. But this will not be go if it is her! She is special lol. One thing I know, she will NEVER be dinner. Not this little girl!

Here is my sweetie!
    [​IMG]

2. amandarey20

amandarey20 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    aw adorable. I have 3 5 day old BR chicks and I think they hate me, everytime I go to check on them they run away. I dont want my chickies to hate me [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Quote:We got her at 6 weeks old and she ran away too. I had to grab her. But i brought her scratch and treats, and then when I moved her out of the brooder, she just started liking me. I am not sure why, but I would say give it time and just hold them and pet them and soon they will like it.

4. amandarey20

amandarey20 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    Thats very reassuring thanks so much

5. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    The way to your chickens hearts is through their stomachs!!! Seriously, I have 4 barred rocks and they will do anything for their chicken momma (me) because I am the one who feeds them and gives them treats! Flo sits on my lap while I am giving out treats because she knows she is my favorite and gets easy access to treats and some lovin. The others mill around me demanding attention and treats. My wyandottes are more standoffish. Love all my girls though!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by