I love my chickens!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Baby Chick, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Baby Chick

Baby Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    I live at the bottom of a biiig hill, and of course the only piece of flat land is at the top so that is where all the farm animals are! In the summer its fine because we can use the hose for water & the grass & leaves are growing so that cuts down on feed! But in winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't use the hose so we have to carry bug buckets of water up the hill, the chickens eat like crazy & the hill is icy & snowy. Its sooooo hard & I just want to know if anyone else has to go through all this for their chickens.

2. lambchicks

lambchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    North Carolina
    Too much work for me.... is there any way you could devise a rain barrel to catch some water at the top of the hill? My boyscout husband made my girls a dinning fly and on rainy days it drains into their water bucket. I guess in CT it is more of a problem with the water being frozen.

3. Baby Chick

Baby Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    We do have a rain barrel but it gets really dirty & gross very fast & I'm just concerned that they will get sick if they drink it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by