I love my chooks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lillypug, Jul 20, 2010.

1. lillypug

lillypug Fleur De Lis Farm

Mar 21, 2010
    Louisiana
    Besides my children, I think raising and spending time with my chickens has been so emotionally rewarding. My kids and I look forward to spending time in the coop every single day, rain or shine. When I spend time with them after a particularly stressful day, they make me feel like all is right in the world again.
    Here are a few fun shots I took of them recently~

Here is Cruella post eating overripe tomatoes.
    [​IMG]

Cruella actually was getting depressed from the boys jumping her all the time since she couldn't see with her beard and crest in her eyes. I gave her a trim around the eyes and now she is a happy girl again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of Cruella's many suitors- Goofy. Excuse his crest. He is mid-molt.
    [​IMG]

Pablo- the dancing boy that none of the ladies are ever impressed with! He is such a doll.
    [​IMG]

Pablo wondering if I got his good side.
    [​IMG]

Domino and one of his fluffy buddies-
    [​IMG]

Dom looking very scruffy. Give him a few weeks and he will finally have alot of his big boy feathers in and look even more handsome!
    [​IMG]

I wonder what coop gossip these two are sharing?
    [​IMG]

2. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    I agree, watching the chickens is a blood pressure reducer. I waste a lot of time just standing there with a cup of coffee watching their hilarious moves. Your birds are very pretty, especially that Pablo. What's wrong with the ladies, they aren't interested in him?...he's dreamy:love

That pic of Cruella with the tomato face is actually a bit terrifying:oops:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey you wanna import some houdan eggs over here?? LOL! Your birds are so beautiful! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by