1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I love my Dickie!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Leslie In North Pole, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    I am doing my second complete run with my Dickie incubator my hubby bought second hand for me. The first time through, I found that regardless of the type of egg, everything hatched a day or two late.

This time I tweaked it a bit and my hatches are starting day early and very healthy. I love how well this bator keeps the humidity and temp and how quickly it heats up. The only draw back is there is no hatching tray, so I have improvised using berry containers with extra vents cut into them, lined with paper towels and stacked next to the humidity tray. Now I am waiting for a couple of more eggs to hatch, then it is time to clean the containers and move the bobwhite eggs in.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Cool! Glad everything is going good for you with the bator!! I am on my 4th time hatching with my Hovabator, I had a LG Still Air before and didn't like it at all, and LOVE my hovabator as much as you love your Dickie! It's so nice when we can actually like and have good results with the bators we have!! Congrats!

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    That's great! I hope you have a Wonderful Hatch!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!

Wishing you a good hatch [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Thanks for the positive vibes. I moved the bobwhite eggs into my "hatching boxes" and when I checked a couple of hours ago, I saw lots of zipped eggs and wet chicks. I have babies coming out my ears and boy are they adorable. Will have to post pictures later of my latest hatches.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats on the babies [​IMG]

Can't wait to see pics [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by