i love my genesis...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by EricH, Sep 21, 2010.

1. EricH

EricH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Valley Springs, ca
    after dealing with an early 90's little giant for 2 weeks, my genesis 1588 came in the mail. this thing is awesome! the window is so large and clear and the auto-temp is right on. my first thermometer/hydrometer kept reading at 101 so i put 2 more electronic thermometers in there and they put it right at 100 with 45% of humidity. no more adjusting the heat dial 1/99999999 of a turn to adjust for me bumping into it. just thought id brag about my new toy. it was your guys' fault though - too much positive feedback on the 1588. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. HB&B

HB&B Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Woodlawn, TN
    Congrats! now you need some hatching eggs!

Then you can have a bunch of these running around: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. EricH

EricH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Valley Springs, ca
    already got some! it really is incredible watching a the fetus of a chicken moving around inside an egg... even the heartbeat on a shortly incubated egg... pretty amazing.

4. CricketYang

CricketYang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Mason, MI
    I have four little ones in my Genesis right now! I'm very satisfied with mine!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    They are nice. Miss Prissy turned me on to it... so that's why I have so many chickens.
    But here in AZ you really have to watch the humidity.
    So I got a Brinsea. Debiraymond turned me on to that so I have two to blame for all the wonderful chickens in my backyard.

I don't ever set one incubator with out the other, they like company.

Each hatch I have over 40 chicks and then of course I end up culling or rehoming 20 + roos, but I've got some real beauties out there.

6. CricketYang

CricketYang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Mason, MI
    [​IMG]

Look what just popped out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by