1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I love my Goosy Lucy and she loves me(Pics)Just had to tell you all!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by cat1994, Oct 29, 2010.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    My goose (Goosy Lucy) is so sweet. [​IMG] She lays one egg every other day. [​IMG] I heard a lot of scray stories about how mean a goose can be, hissing and attacking anyone that comes close to them and their nest [​IMG] , so I stayed away from her for a long time [​IMG] , but my Goosy Lucy is differant! [​IMG] One day I needed to get an egg from under her so I got a lil closer and a lil closer, and before I knew what I was doing I was petting her all over and she was sitting on my lap and her and I sat there together for about a hour [​IMG] . She was so nice, not once did she hiss at me or anything. [​IMG] But when any of my dogs walk by she is like a she-devil [​IMG] !!! Hissing and bitting them [​IMG] !! But when i walk up and sit by her she lets me do anything to her. [​IMG] I love her and she loves me!!! [​IMG] It just makes my day!! I just had to tell you all!!
    This is her off her nest going to get something to eat after she got of the nest.
    [​IMG]
    Here she is on her nest.
    [​IMG]
    This is me petting her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isn't she so pretty [​IMG]

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    She is very pretty and Congrats on having such a lovey one.

3. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    Very pretty girl! I have heard a lot of horror stories about aggressive geese also but have never had one of mine get ugly with me...one of my ganders would lower his head and try to sneak up behind me when he thought I was and an easy target but all I had to do was turn around and ask him what he was up to and he would wander off like he was lost or soemthing...it was pretty funny...his bravado was very shallow and short lived...you have a very lovely goose...I get a big kick out of mine...

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Very pretty!

5. floridaquilter

floridaquilter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    She is a beauty. I also have a goose named Lucy and she is very hissy. she doesn't attack or bite. She just obviously doesn't want me sharing the yard with her.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

She's beautiful. She looks like my girl, Snips. [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Very pretty! What breed is she?

8. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Quote:Thanks everyone, They said she was a African but see looks more like a Chinese to me.

9. MsMelvin

MsMelvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    What a beautiful girl she is; she has very kind eyes. Good for you. : )

10. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    she is so cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by