I love my goslings!!!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by itssofluffy, Mar 28, 2012.

1. itssofluffy

itssofluffy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    I absolutely adore my new goslings! They are a couple days old. It took them a couple of hours to warm up to me but they finally love me back!

I do worry about one of them though. One of its feet is bent backwards so that, if it were human, it would be walking on its wrist or ankle. We tried using a cardboard and medical tape method to straighten its foot, but we can't uncurl it.[​IMG] It walks around with the other three (with a limp) and eats and drinks and they don't pick on it or anything. If anyone could shed some light on the subject it would be appreciated. [​IMG] Thanks!

2. Oh, I love baby goslings . . .

Don't know about the foot -- you could post a picture and maybe someone would have a better idea than I. I'm sure that it is good that it can keep up with the others though. Did you contact the people you got them from?

3. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Aren't they wonderful? I've raised chickens and ducks but my gosling has just stolen my heart.

4. itssofluffy

Jun 5, 2011
    Sorry I haven't replied, the goose with the hurt foot is doing fine. It will play in water and run around just fine :) We think it will be ok. It's probably too late to do anything now anyways.

Yes!! We have chickens too, but it seem as if they only love us for treats. :p The geese will follow me around when we let them out to play and I say, "come to mommy!!!" and they come waddling over. :) <3 It's so adorable!!

And no, we didn't contact the people we got them from....[​IMG]
    Here's a pic.

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    You need to splint the foot and leave it taped up for a week. It will flatten if you try hard enough. Craft foam or cardboard then bet wrap over the foot and figure 8 around the leg and foot to hold it on.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Aww I hope there is still a chance for that foot. [​IMG]

7. itssofluffy

Jun 5, 2011
    Thanks, I will try that tomorrow! :)

8. itssofluffy

Jun 5, 2011
    It's about two weeks old. Should I still do it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by