I Love My Guineas

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by trickiredhead, Jul 8, 2010.

1. trickiredhead

trickiredhead Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2009
    My guys and 1 hen alerted me to a snake in the yard yesterday. I had walked out of the yard to go feed the horse and on my way back I noticed all the guineas had made a semi circle and were QUIET. I started trying to see what they were up to and right before them lay a snake right where I had just walked out, I ran onto the house to get my gun because I wasn't sure what it was and it was in the yard too close to the hous and too close to the guinea nest. After disposing of the snake I found out it was just an oak snake, so chastise me if you will but it was too close to the house and the nest. Even though last year I lost 5 guinea keets and a turken to one, it got into the coop with the babies and just killed them. I am so thankful for my guineas, they have turned out to be the best thing since getting them. I can come home from a bad day at work and watch them for 10 to 15 minutes and everything is better. They are my feathered therapist.

2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so cute and funny and fast! And death to bugs in the yard and garden!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by